Short DescriptionDropbox is hiring a Software Engineer who can Enable users to store and share billions of memories on Dropbox, and make these experiences user-friendly.
- Desktop Platform engineers are responsible for the core and foundational work on Dropbox's Desktop Client application. The team is responsible for the underlying technology that supports the Dropbox desktop application on Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
- The Dropbox Client has over 100 million client installs. Building a great desktop platform that is cross-platform is a challenging task. Not only do we need to build a reliable cross-platform foundation, but our platform needs to support developers across the company throughout the process of building, testing, monitoring, and iterating on features that are shipped to our customers. In addition to our keeping our customers connected, we develop the framework that many of our new client applications are built on.
- To meet the needs of the company, we support native development, cross-platform frameworks, and web technologies. Engineers on the Desktop Platform team work on a variety of projects that span deployment from infrastructure (e.g. installers and auto-updaters), telemetry pipeline to overall Desktop Client architecture (language choice, UI frameworks, dependencies) to strategies for platform-specific integrations. Our responsibilities also include developing the primary cross-platform client framework, and deep integration with the native user experience (via native framework calls and extensions).
- Build foundational features on the desktop client that allows rapid product innovation across Mac, Windows and Linux platforms
- Create a platform that allows Dropbox's millions of desktop users to continually stay up to date on the latest Dropbox software
- Tackle tough engineering and product problems at the heart of Dropbox sync and content collaboration
- Create a desktop application framework that feels native, and unlocks new features from the host operating system for Dropbox client applications.
- Measure, optimize, and build one of the industry's most advanced analytics platforms to derive meaning from vast amounts of data.
- Push the boundaries of OS integration on MacOS, Windows, and Linux.
- Enable users to store and share billions of memories on Dropbox, and make these experiences user-friendly
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related
- 4+ years of software engineering or relevant experience
- Demonstrable coding ability in Python, C++, Rust, Objc/Swift, Typescript
- Experience in systems/API design
- Experience with developer frameworks like Cocoa, Electron, React/Redux, NWJS, .NET, and/or deep expertise (contributor) in programming languages or application frameworks
- Some experience with Desktop applications
- Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)