Short DescriptionIn this role, the candidate will collaborate with talented teams from Engineering, Operations, and Sales organizations. New initiatives will focus on data, analytics, interactivity between primary and secondary screens in the home, innovative ways to enjoy and discover new movies, original TV programming, music and sporting events, enabling commerce, cloud-based solutions, and personalization.
- Gather and create market data to support the strategy for new initiatives and products.
- Draft customer and market driven requirements into concise and clear product definitions using business intelligence and market analysis.
- Collaborate with UI to translate product features into customer value propositions; create messaging and go-to-market documents (product whitepapers, presentations, and other marketing collateral).
- Own local products and work towards introducing other global products via localization
- Drive global product and platform related projects along with the Engineering hub in Mumbai
- Engage with Music, Sports and other verticals to support and develop intergrated, innovative product solutions
- Gather product requirement and specification for both new products and enhanced versions of existing products.
- Train Sales and Support teams on new products, and participate in the sales process as required.
- Participate in pre-sales planning and understand the goals and strategy behind a project from conception through completion.
- Product Strategy and Planning:
- Generate new product ideas for cloud based solutions, and enhancements to existing product and collate requests from both internal and external requestors.
- Work closely with the Cable Operators / DTH players / OTT Players to identify new opportunities in the existing relationships & make constructive suggestions for change.
- Assist in developing product strategy and roadmap by analyzing and prioritizing projects/features, determining the product design & development effort and negotiating the launch timeframes with development teams.
- Help define and communicate a coherent product vision and strategy, value proposition, use cases, and positioning for each product, both internally and externally.
- Help to identify and develop strategic relationships that support product development goals.
- Product Management Market Research & Analysis:
- Driving UX & feature enhancements based on industry trends.
- Enhancing Search, Recommendations & Personalization Engine using Big Data Analytics to deliver accurate results for content discovery & consumption.
- Research target markets and emerging technologies.
- Research the competition and perform competitive product benchmarking and feature analysis.
- Establish efficient feedback processes to gather developer and end-user feedback from Sales, Professional Services and Developer Support teams, customers, industry partners, and user surveys
- Preferably an MBA with around 3 - 5 years of work experience in Product Management and a proven ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
- Experience in OTT, TV broadcast, Online business, App development or supporting customers who develop product for digital content consumption.
- Ability to work effectively within teams.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and present professional, effective presentations for business and technical audiences.
- Market analysis, competitive analysis and report generation.
- Knowledge of audience measurement, Smart TV, digital media, Internet services, interactive/social media applications is preferred.
- Knowledge of entertainment media metadata is preferred.
At its core, Gracenote helps connect people with the digital entertainment they love. We do this by offering the largest database for music, sports, movies and TV shows, and creating best in class services and technologies, all on a highly scalable platform.
Gracenote was acquired by Nielsen in 2017 and now has 1,800 employees working in more than 25 locations around the world including Los Angeles, Queensbury, Sao Paulo, Amsterdam, Munich, Mumbai, Sydney, Seoul and Tokyo. Our worldwide headquarters are in Emeryville, Calif. For more information, visit www.gracenote.com.