Short DescriptionWe are looking people who are excellent at fundamentals, have great willingness to learn, and have unstoppable desire to get the job done. Our technology stack is primarily Python/GO and while experience with these languages is great, it's not a necessity. Extraordinary engineering is the focus at Uber, not the tools/languages that you already know.
- We are looking for experienced software engineer with 3 - 6 years of relevant experience
- Fast, Independent Learning
- The one constant at Uber is growth, and all of our systems are constantly evolving to meet the needs of our high growth environment. Engineers are expected to learning quickly and continue to improve their craft to ensure that our systems can meet the needs of our business.
- Our growth requires adopting change with confidence and fearlessness. We expect our engineers to be active about addressing both operational and scalability challenges as we grow.
- The services we build are highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant. Our engineers know the trade offs involved in building high scale architectures. We are committed to making timely decisions to ensure that our systems can continue to match our rider and partner growth.
- Engineers at Uber know what it means to truly own their services. Quality, performance, and robustness are expected of all services. Engineers take ownership of the uptime of their services, and they are empowered with the tools to do what is required to keep them running. Great monitoring, alerting, and test coverage are championed at Uber and we provide engineers with the tools to do so.
- Cross Team Communication
Software Engineer Uber