Short DescriptionExpedia is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who has the ability to quickly and effectively research technical problems and solutions online.
- Develop exemplary and thoroughly tested code for our products
- Deliver on aggressive team goals
- Partner effectively in defining technical solutions
- Excel in communicating with teammates clearly and consistently
- Follow coding standards and engineering excellence practices as agreed by the team
- Estimate engineering effort effectively
- Cross organizational boundaries to collaborate with other technology teams to solve integrated problems
- Collaborate and work effectively with TPMs, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects and product managers
- 10+ years of software development experience in enterprise quality software.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Proven self-discipline, dependability and accountability
- Strong working knowledge of Java and web technologies
- Proficient with cloud infrastructure and services
- Experience in agile software development processes and working successfully in a team
- Excellent communication and organizational skills - should be able to bring forward a vision or opinion
- Ability to quickly and effectively research technical problems and solutions online
- Interest in learning and tackling increasingly complex tasks
- Willingness to work flexible hours at times, to support a geographically distributed team
- Experience working with relational and No-SQL databases
Sr. Software Engineer
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.