Short DescriptionThe Hotwire Business Intelligence team is looking for an Bigdata/BI Developer to be part of the development of the data platform that powers our entire business. Reporting directly to Sr. Manager BI, you will be responsible for coming up with creative solutions to tough problems. A real specialist developer and architect, who is not afraid to pave the way for bigger and better things. If you can sculpt brilliant strategies from a mountain of data, pedal your flying machine over here. We will put you to work as our resident genius, our data visionary.
- Because we work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, we need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively. This person would also take on the following responsibilities:
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.).
- Architect cutting edge solutions.
- Work closely with our engineering team to integrate your amazing innovations and algorithms into our production systems.
- Process structured and unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis and then do the analysis.
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed.
- We use AWS extensively, so experience with EMR and other web services will help you hit the ground running.
- Solid experience building APIs (REST), Java services, or Docker Microservices
- Experience with data pipelines using Apache Kafka, Storm, Spark, AWS Lambda or similar technologies
- Proficiency with an enterprise warehouse stack such as Exadata, Teradata, Informatica or Redshift
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud.
- Familiarity with agile development approaches such as Scrum
- Expertise in any of the following programming languages such as Python, R, Java, SQL.
- Familiarity with Qlikview, Tableau or Microstrategy will be a big plus.
- Solid understanding of Hadoop, Hive and/or MapReduce. In addition, the need to have at least some familiarity with disciplines such as:
- Machine Learning
- Conceptual modelling;
- Statistical analysis;
- Predictive modelling;
- Hypothesis testing.
- At least 10-14 years of relevant work experience
- Degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent work experience
Sr. Bigdata/BI Developer
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.