- University degree ideally in Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems, Social Informatics, Psychology, Decision Science, Behavioural Economics; Advanced degree is a plus
- 3 - 8 years of experience in solving complex analytical and data science problems with copious amounts of data
- Experience in Predictive modeling, Multivariate statistical procedures (Multiple Regression, MANOVA, Factor Analysis, etc.) and Machine Learning methods (Random Forest, Bootstrapping, etc.)
- HR related experience is highly preferable
- Proficiency in R, Python. Knowledge of visualizations tools, e.g. Tableau would be an asset
- Strong intrinsic problem-solving skills, ability to structure and solve problems and conduct and interpret analysis independently, with demonstrated analytic and quantitative skills
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You'll Work With
You will work with our Organizational Solutions People Analytics team in Gurgaon. OrgSolutions is part of McKinsey Solutions and McKinsey's New Ventures.
OrgSolutions combines innovative design technology and advanced analytics with deep expertise to accelerate effective organizational decisions. OrgSolutions can help Human Resources and business leaders to make smarter organizational decisions by leveraging advanced data analytics, user-centered design technology and proven methodologies. These approaches help clients to answer critical questions related to cost reduction, efficiency and effectiveness streamlining, merger plans, divestments and carve outs, and talent deployment.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for and expands our investment in our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we are hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will help shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like.
You will drive processes for extracting data and using it in creative ways. You will create new lines of thinking within an infinite number of clients and situations.
You will work with data from diverse structured and unstructured data sources in both batch and streaming modes.
You will work with consultants, clients or internal teams to prepare complex data analyses and models that help solve client problems and deliver significant measurable impact.
You will often be responsible for the entire analytical process from outlining the type of solution through implementation, interpretation of results and transferring capabilities to the client or colleagues.