Short DescriptionPayPal is seeking a Technical Architect who has the ability to prioritize many different project workstreams.
- Understands the broader business context around a specific domain (for e.g. Payments) and leads the creation of data architecture and implementation to support it.
- Design and oversees solutions for use cases associated with domain ownership.
- Have the ability to take a complex business requirement for the domain owned and break it down or translate it into a scalable data model/application design.
- Creates architecture consistent with enterprise architecture standards, guidelines, and principles and works with engineering to ensure that implementations are consistent with the spirit of these principles.
- Complex architectural designs may require refinement and iteration with more senior architects.
- Strong knowledge of how data from their domain helps drive PayPal business and come up with innovative ways to leverage data.
- Keep abreast of upstream product changes to determine the potential impact to their domain architecture.
- Spends 70% of their time prototyping or developing code.
- Participates in design and code reviews and competently review any aspect of the system or sub-system for their domain
- Being seen as the go-to architect for the domain they own.
- Basic Qualifications - These are the absolute must-have skills or requirements (i.e. 3+ years of coding experience in Java OR must have a bachelor of engineering degree, etc.). These should generally be about 3-5 skills or requirements. Any applicant that doesn't have these will be screened out
- 10+ years of professional related experience or Master's Degree and 6+ years
- 5 + Years of ETL development / BI solutions architectural background.
- Conducts data analysis that is complex and requires input from multiple sources.
- Demonstrated track record of developing creative solutions in product, a process that delivered business results.
- Experience in building platform and data solutions, defining services and applications
- Strong attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing for priorities simultaneously.
- Preferred Qualifications - list ideal qualifications beyond the mandatory qualification/s
- Deep logical thinking with an eye for detail and design.
- Ability to solve problems efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize many different project workstreams.
- Generally correctly estimates software schedules, and can be relied on to deliver on time and to requirements.
- Can quickly navigate and understand complex code and architecture. Can triage and resolve issues with no supervision.
- Efficiently produces elegant, clean code with no unnecessary complication or abstraction.
- Designs may require refinement by more senior engineers, but are generally correct and consider the broad implications of the design.
- Works well within a team, and contributes effectively to the success of the team and related teams.
- Understands the domain well and is able to contribute to measurable business improvements.