Short DescriptionThis position is within the Risk and Information Management (RIM) organization in RIM-CoE, Gurgaon, as the Senior Technology Manager for Early Warning Alerting applications that support best-in-class business intelligence and monitoring of the integrity of the data, processes and decision outcomes across Credit, Fraud, and Operational Risk
- Manages and deliver the applications in Big Data Platform that support early warning & alerting application to identify/monitor the out-of-pattern.
- Build and Integrate with the architecture in the Big Data Platform that support best-in-class Business Intelligence solutions.
- Design and deploy robust data model architecture to support optimal data processing and standardized metric definitions.
- Work and collaborate with broader ARC teams, RIM Strategy and Modeling Teams, Operational Risk and AET partners.
- Delivering technological solutions through joint planning sessions, evaluation of infrastructure trends, change management strategies and strategic partner communication, including training and, applying lessons learned.
- Ongoing focus on data/process integrity and reengineering to drive relevant business transformation while effectively managing costs
- Strengthening the closed-loop governance on early warnings to ensure timely analysis, proper documentation and issue remediation.
- Provide thought leadership and recommendations to enhance capabilities to drive efficiencies in Alerting applications.
- Work with team on implementing test automation and CI/CD strategies across the applications.
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Overall 6+ years of experience including at least 3 years of relevant experience in the following areas:
- Strong technical knowledge and solutions development within Big Data Platform, specifically related to Business Intelligence and data architecture.
- Strong programming skills and hands-on experience on either Java or .Net and enable to help/guide other team members.
- In depth understanding of Spark and Hadoop ecosystems and minimum of three year of work experience leveraging the ecosystem to build/support applications.
- Strong understanding of Analytical BI tools and proficient in SQL.
- Experience in delivering products using either of agile methodologies like Scrum, SAFE, Kanban.
- Understanding of basic statistics (advanced statistics/machine learning experience a plus).
- Demonstrable experience on Business intelligence and visualization tools
- Experience with CI/CD best practices including tools for automating software quality checks.
- Knowledge of Web API development using REST would be a plus.
- Knowledge of existing Risk applications in AXP and hands-on experience on the Cornerstone platform would be a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in a business or technical discipline required, or equivalent work experience.