Short DescriptionExpedia is seeking a Software Engineer who can develop and maintain procedures that ingest data in ElasticSearch - Develop tools, processes, and metrics to help build high-quality search pipelines.
- What is the purpose of building this data platform? To bring the world's travel data within reach!
- Innovating on ways to search through massive data sets across different Expedia Group brands
- Develop and maintain procedures that ingest data in ElasticSearch - Develop tools, processes, and metrics to help build high-quality search pipelines.
- Creating, monitoring and constantly improving metrics to track the quality of search results
- Work on search algorithms, search indexing, recommendations of data sets.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics or other Engineering disciplines
- 5+ years of experience in Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- 4+ years of experience with ElasticSearch, Solr or Lucene
- 3+ years of experience with Docker/Containerization
- Experience in developing and maintaining search-related data models and indexing pipelines
- Experience in data manipulation for ElasticSearch ingestion
- Experience in Web services and REST
- Experience with open-source software and dependency management
- Knowledge of and experience with the Elastic stack
- Knowledge and experience in search ranking optimization and search query expansion - Experience with Spark, Hadoop or similar large-scale data technologies.
- Experience with Information Retrieval, Recommendation Systems, Ranking Systems Artificial Intelligence
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- An electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.