Short DescriptionExpedia is seeking a Senior Software Architect who has strong architecture design skills and the ability to communicate and drive adoption.
- 10+ years' experience leading & influencing high-performance technology teams, by example, 2+ years in an architect role.
- Deep experience in high-scale internet, e-commerce services, service-oriented architectures, and domain-driven design
- Full-stack development experience with experience in large scale Design and Development
- Strong architecture design skills and ability to communicate and drive adoption
- Experience architecting complex server-side & client-side web applications
- Knowledge and experience in a very wide range of Web technologies including HTTP, REST, Jscript, Java, JQuery, Spring MVC, GitHub, Docker, AWS (AmazonEC2, E3, etc.), MongoDB, Cassandra, MySQL, Memcache, Redis, MapReduce, Hadoop, and more.
- As a key technology leader, you will be leading the engineering efforts to globalize our software stack and making it locally relevant for diverse needs.
- In this role, you will provide hands-on technical leadership and lead architectural decisions. You will have the opportunity to coach and mentor several developers across regions.
- Draw on experience to lead technical designs and implementation of highly scalable and adaptable systems
- Help lead the overall technical design and architecture for Agent Tools and provide leadership & mentorship for quality coding and best practice
- Collaborate with our Business Partners, Technical analysts, Testers and Production Support Engineers to implement technical requirements
- Effectively builds and maintains a network of key contacts across the company and leverages these contacts to achieve results. Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of the professional function and in-depth specialization in some.
- Leverage past-experience with Agile software development to help improve team execution
Senior Software Architect
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.