Short DescriptionSQL Database Administrator position is responsible for providing database services and support to the organization using Microsoft SQL. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, prepare service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering team to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Install and configure new MS SQL Servers in clustered environment, Configure MS SQL Server monitoring.
- Deploy database change scripts provided by development teams
- Troubleshoot MS SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Ensure backup of all database servers that meets the business Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Determine/Suggest effective solutions for performance issues(index/query changes, server configuration changes, hardware purchases)
- Document the company's database environment and changes.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or Information Technology with 3-5 years of experience doing SQL Server Database Administration
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in setting up and supporting and monitoring production SQL Environment
- Finding Dynamic Management Views(DMV) queries to answer questions on server-level performance
- Using tools to diagnose server reliability and performance issues
- Tuning SQL queries to improve performance
- Ability to plan, organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skill is a must
- Proficient in performance tuning, backup, recovery, security, patching, upgrades and high availability
- Expertise in building and supporting HA/DR solutions namely Clustering and replication
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS and its related command
- Good knowledge of T-SQL and query tuning
- Knowledge of third party tools for database monitoring is desirable
- SQL Server business intelligence concepts SSIS and SSRS is desirable
SQL Database Administrator