Short DescriptionGartner is looking for a Sr Software Engineer who has Experience building scalable data models and performing complex relational database queries using SQL (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres), etc.
- Establish methodologies for quickly rolling out new data analysis capabilities for standalone data-driven products and service to support our associates.
- Have end-to-end responsibility for leading projects focused on extracting, merging, analyzing and managing large sets of data across multiple, disparate databases
- Be able to transform unstructured raw data in to formats suitable for modeling
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of and ability to operationalize, leading data technologies and best practices
- Be responsible for maintaining project plans, clean code, and well-written documentation
- Be able to work in teams and collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements
- Make decisions independently on analytical problems and methods
- Be able to identify and suggest novel areas of future work for themselves or the team
- Be able to work in a globally distributed team in an Agile/Scrum approach
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or a related field
- 5+ years of data engineering or other data-intensive development experience
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Advanced knowledge of Python programming language
- Experience building scalable data models and performing complex relational database queries using SQL (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres), etc.
- Experience with Python ORMs like SQLAlchemy and Python libraries like Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Numpy, NLTK, and Scipy
- Knowledge of algorithms and statistics and at least some experience in data mining, machine learning, and natural language processing
- Familiarity with web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, etc.) and Big Data tools like Spark, Hadoop, EMR, Kafka
- Knowledge of integration and web services technologies (HTTP, SOAP, REST, XML, JSON)
- Familiarity working on Cloud platforms like AWS.
- Scrum software development methodology experience is a plus
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to detect and resolve data/analytics quality issues
Sr Software Engineer