Short DescriptionUBER is looking for a Software Engineering Manager who can establish and manage processes for efficient team execution.
- Establish and communicate team vision and goals
- Work with stakeholders to craft product/technology strategy and roadmap for threat response, mapping critical business priorities to dependencies, and aligning cross-functional roadmaps
- Lead team to plan and deliver against roadmap, both in quality and quantity, in a sustainable way.
- Establish and manage processes for efficient team execution
- Drive engineering excellence by evangelizing and adopting best practices with well-defined goals and metrics.
- Foster cross-functional, a cross-team collaboration by building trusted relationships with threat detection engineers, incident responders, and investigators, threat intelligence analysts, security engineers, as well as many engineering teams across Uber
- Form a partnership with security subject matter experts to develop cutting edge security technologies
- Recruit talent. Mentor, coach, and develop a high performing engineering team
- Build a diverse, inclusive, fair, collaborative, and dynamic team environment
- Be an internal and external evangelist for Uber's security technologies
- You have 4+ years of experience managing software engineering teams, with strong hands-on software design and development skills
- You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant products and platforms in a big data environment to support our unique rate-of-growth
- You have visionary ideas for threat detection, security analytics, and security operations, and can apply them in a business environment
- You have a strategic mindset, comfortable thinking far ahead of where the team is at now
- You are a creative problem solver, having an excellent understanding of business goals and able to identify and solve high impact, highly complex problems
- You have excellent execution, organization and collaboration skills
- You are able to hire, motivate, develop, and retain top talent, and build a dynamic and high-performing team
- You are biased toward action, able to do more with less and turn would-be blockers into opportunities for growth.
- You are principled yet pragmatic, having conviction and being authentic in your approach, but situationally aware enough to adapt when needed
- You have experience operating in or managing agile development teams
Software Engineering Manager