Short DescriptionSamsung is hiring an Automation Engineer who is responsible for data analysis by using system/history logs to correct issues and implement prevention in a timely manner.
- Samsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS) is seeking an exceptional candidate for an Automation engineering position supporting semiconductor factory automation.
- This position will provide engineering support for Automated Material Handling Systems (AMHS) and will be responsible for overseeing and improving the sustainability of the entire AMHS delivery system.
- Provides 24x7 support for system operations.
- Primary owner of large scale automation equipment leading proactive mechanical and software system improvements.
- Responsible for data analysis by using system/history logs to correct issues and implement prevention in a timely manner
- Oversees installation and validation of software and hardware upgrades
- Communicates technical information (8D incident reports) to senior leadership inside and outside of the department through presentations.
- Leads projects related to improving equipment uptime and reducing interrupts with the use of KPI data.
- Leads projects related to improving delivery times/rundown with the use of KPI data.
- Creates standard recovery procedures and troubleshooting documentation.
- Shift: 1st - Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm.
- MUST have BS Degree in Engineering (prefer Electrical/Mechanical Engineering)
- Proficient to use PC, MS Office [Word, Excel, PowerPoint]
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- General understanding of network systems
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with internal and external project stakeholders
- Ability to communicate technical details both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work across cross-cultural settings and globally distributed projects
- Experience with an AMHS Material Control System or automated factory control software application a plus