Short DescriptionWe are looking for Senior Manager Customer Analytics, who will lead a small team of data scientists to build and deliver advanced analytics models and solutions across WU business units and functions (e.g., Marketing, Risk, Compliance, Operations, Treasury, Product). In addition, this role would lead data mining of disparate data streams to derive strategic insights for the business and provide analytics support for new initiatives.
- Develop advanced statistical and machine learning models to answer business problems against large and diverse databases.
- Work with data and IT teams across the organization to ingest and interpret data stream.
- Develop model specifications, codes and outputs to enable implementation by IT or functional data teams.
- Perform R&D around different internal and 3rd party data sources for model development Research newer tools, algorithms, datasets for different business analytic applications
- Break down high level business problems into smaller analytic and modeling exercises for rapid testing and deployment of solutions.
- Communicate model outputs/findings to diverse analytics and business audiences through rich visualizations and decks.
- Bachelors or Masters in engineering or related discipline from premier institutes (IIT, IISc, NIT) with strong background in mathematics, statistical methods and data mining
- Ability to partner with business stakeholders to develop solutions for loosely defined problems.
- Team leadership: Must have experience in managing and mentoring a team of analysts
- Strong experience in scripting and statistical programming using R, python, SQL, SAS
- Experience with big data platforms for visualization and processing like Hadoop/Hive/Tableau.
- Self-starter and high degree of attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Experience working with geographically distributed teams. Knowledge of one or more business/functional areas.
- 8-12 years of advanced analytics experience across diverse areas such as risk, marketing, new products etc.
- Expertise in statistical modeling, data mining, machine learning model development
- Experience in data analysis on large databases with structured and unstructured data
- Payments or Financial services industry background preferred
Senior Manager Analytics