Short DescriptionFinance & Data Operations Data Analytics is tasked with delivering tangible value to business units within Shell through data-driven decision making. The Data Analytics Lead role will be both hand on project execution and managing analytics project delivery.
- Lead and coach data analytics specialists and senior specialists in design and execution of analytics projects using statistical, mathematical and machine learning techniques with business knowledge as a key input.
- Work with Shell stakeholders and business subject matter experts to help understand business problem, data relationships, business processes and use this knowledge to design analytics projects and ensure end to end delivery.
- Guide businesses and functions to improve performance via data insights.
- Support Business Value Leads in data analytics opportunity development.
- Help establish data analytics ways of working in Finance & Data Operations and its business partners, in particular for this position, in retail business.
- Requirements Modelling & Tool Expertise
- Provide deep expertise of statistical / mathematical modelling concepts for quantification, estimation, classification, prediction, optimization, etc.
- Identify the right modelling approach(es) for given scenario and articulate why the approach fits, define data needs, assess suitability of available data, build and evaluate models for fit, and interpret the results.
- Demonstrate advance expertise in using analytics and visualization tools ( R, SAS,Python Alteryx, Azure, Spotfire, etc ) in executing analytics projects, presenting insights, and support articulating business value. Proficiency in SAS will be viewed as an advantage.
- Project Management Expertise
- Execute end-to-end analytics projects - Project scoping, sourcing data, managing modeling, translating model results into business insights, and helping business partner understand insights and make decisions accordingly (help generate value for organization through analytics)
- Recognize the level of statistical knowledge in business stakeholders vs. analytics experts vs. IT resources and articulating how analytics will be applied appropriately, tailor messages to non-technical business stakeholders.
- Manage different moving parts - business stakeholders, IT, Analytics Resources, Data Experts, SMEs, etc. for the successful execution of the projects (executing multiple projects at a time will be considered a plus).
- Supervise and guide resources in executing projects. (potential direct reporting)
- Prior experience in Oil & Gas/Energy industry as an analytics professional OR domain expertise in retail sales & marketing analytics/loyalty study/customer analytics, Channel optimization/Marketing Mix modelling. Background in retail and CRM analytics will be viewed an advantage.
- Other Requirements
- Strong analytical mind set and a proven self starter, able to work on initiative with a strong desire to learn and share with the rest of the team.
- Ability to transfer knowledge and techniques from one domain to another is a key requirement.
- Ideal candidate should have demonstrated good communication skills, in both speaking and writing English, and proven stakeholder engagement skills. Proven ability to articulate technical language to non-technical audience will be viewed as a big advantage.
- Deliver practical working solutions from a new and developing conceptual area.
- Develop understanding of data analytics in colleagues to the level they each require recognizing that level is very different for different stakeholders and project team members.
- Virtual working with network of colleagues and stakeholders located throughout the globe.
Data Analytics Lead