Short DescriptionIf you are into creating innovative algorithms, if you think out-of-the-box and are interested to join a group of great researches solving challenging Africa's problems using machine learning and deep learning techniques, join us!
- Conduct research in the field of machine learning, deep learning, and AI
- Develop generalizable and scalable AI and conversational architectures and systems applied to addressing the big challenges in Africa.
- Efficiently implement algorithms and run experiments on real data (either small, big or zero data)
- Implement large-scale machine learning algorithms in a scalable framework, e.g. Spark
- Build information machines and smart applications that enable humans to make better decisions and perform more efficiently in their tasks and allow for their swift integration into industry software components
- PhD in computer science Science but are open to related areas such as EE, Mathematics, etc. Outstanding MSc graduates may also apply.
- Strong background in machine learning, deep learning and applied statistics
- Hands on experience in writing code
- Innovative thinking, creative and capable of thinking
- Experience in Java and/or Python
- Excellent academic track record in machine learning and/or natural language processing research
- Strong publication record in top-tier conferences and journals
- Knowledge of blockchain protocols is a plus
- Experience in implementing large-scale machine learning training and prediction pipelines in a production environment
- Excellent programming and engineering skills
- Good research and self-learning skills
- Experience in scalable and parallel (big) data platforms and algorithms