Short DescriptionAs one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we are hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
- University degree, ideally in the field of analytics, statistics, mathematics, social informatics, econometrics, or social science disciplines such as psychology, sociology, anthropology. Masters or PhD would be a plus.
- 0 - 4 years of experience working as a data scientist, solving complex analytical and data science problems
- Strong programming skills in R or Python
- Experience in data cleaning and applying machine learning and data mining techniques to real problems with copious amounts of data
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Knowledge of visualizations tools, e.g. Tableau would be a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- You will work with our Organizational Solutions People Analytics team in Gurgaon. OrgSolutions is part of McKinsey New Ventures.
- OrgSolutions combines innovative design technology and advanced analytics with deep expertise to accelerate effective organizational decisions. OrgSolutions can help Human Resources and business leaders to make smarter organizational decisions by leveraging advanced data analytics, user-centered design technology and proven methodologies. These approaches help clients to answer critical questions related to cost reduction, efficiency and effectiveness streamlining, merger plans, divestments and carve outs, and talent deployment.
- McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for and expands our investment in our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
- As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we are hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
- You will translate clients questions into analytical problems.
- You will manage the entire data cleaning pipeline, apply machine learning algorithms and data visualization techniques, generate insights, and communicate them back to clients.
- Working on projects and exchanging experiences with your colleagues means you will face new intellectual challenges on a daily basis, while continuously building your methodological knowledge and skills. You will often be responsible for the entire analytical process from outlining the type of solution through implementation, interpretation of results and transferring capabilities to the client or colleagues.
- Leveraging your advanced data analysis skills, you will create innovative approaches to answer our clients most relevant talent questions. You will work on a variety of problems across many different industries, for example: a top-tier professional services company trying to improve the efficiency of their recruiting pipeline, an insurance company facing high, inexplicable attrition, and a major pharmaceutical company in need of a road map to better understand their future talent needs etc.