Short DescriptionYou as a Principal Scientist System and Software Architecture will be a part of ABB India Corporate Research Center (INCRC), co-located with ABB's largest global software development and engineering units. INCRC performs research and develops technologies and concepts for ABB's global divisions and business units. We collaborate with various ABB corporate research centers, premier academic institutes in India and abroad. You will work in dynamic and creative teams with a wide range of experience and expertise. Your opportunities for career growth will be excellent, both nationally and internationally.
- As a Principal Scientist System and Software Architecture, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Propose and analyze System and Software Architecture for the ABB Ability platform and Analytics solutions.
- Software architecting and prototype implementation of futuristic distributed/stand-alone/mobile industrial applications including Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Participate in and drive applied research and technology transfer projects resulting in concepts, prototypes, patents, and academic publications.
- Support ABB business units through consulting engagements.
- Information modeling for interoperable systems.
- International travel on need basis.
- Ph. D. in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/related areas and 8+ years of experience in Systems architecting, design and implementation with a strong publication / patent record.
- Experience in building distributed and multi-core system is desirable. Broad IT/SW background and willingness to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of new technologies and application domains.
- SW design and implementation experience in multiple languages and platforms
- Experience in architecting software systems that run across Cloud and Edge.
- Knowledge and experience with Software Engineering techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with internal and external partners including academic community.
- Additional Information