Short DescriptionWalmart is looking for talented and an outstanding Machine Learning Data Scientists. If you are passionate what you to and looking for the same role then this is the best chance to apply your expertise with Walmart.
- Gathering and analyzing data, identifying key prediction/classification problems, devising solutions and building prototypes.
- Formulating machine learning approaches while paying attention to business metrics, designing features from the rich data available from many sources, training, evaluating, and deploying models.
- Researching and implementing methodologies to measure the impact of the technologies.
- Initiating and proposing unique and promising modeling projects, developing new and innovative algorithms and technologies, pursuing patents where appropriate.
- Developing high-performance algorithms for precision targeting, testing and implementing these algorithms in scalable, product-ready code.
- Interacting with other teams to define interfaces and understanding and resolving dependencies.
- Staying current on published data mining, machine learning and modeling techniques and competing technologies and sharing these findings with scientists and engineers in the organization.
- Maintaining world-class academic credentials through publications, presentations, external collaborations and service to the research community.
- Masters or equivalent degree in a computational science with 8 to 16 years of experience in Machine Learning or Data Science or PhD with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with traditional as well as modern statistical techniques, including Regression, Support Vector Machines, Regularization, Boosting, Random Forests, and other Ensemble Methods;
- Strong implementation experience with high-level languages, such as R, Python, Perl, Ruby, Scala or similar scripting languages;
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix/Shell environments;
- Strong hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ph.D. in a computational science with an emphasis in Machine Learning; Bachelors or higher in Computer Science;
- 2+ years of experience of writing production quality code;
- Experience with end-to-end modeling projects emerging from research efforts;
- Excellent academic or industrial track record of proposing, conducting and reporting results of original research, plus collaborative research with publications;
- Knowledge of data processing on Hadoop programming environments (e.g. Spark/Hive/Pig).
Senior Data Scientists