Short DescriptionExpedia is hiring for Senior Software Engineer-Big Data and Java at Bengaluru who will responsible for developing various facets of the Hadoop Java/Hadoop ecosystem and deploying and maintaining applications in production environments.
- Developing various facets of the Hadoop Java/Hadoop ecosystem.
- Writing clear, efficient, tested code.
- Developing code as part of a wider team through pair programming and code reviews.
- Contributing to both program and system architecture.
- Evolving development standards and design patterns.
- Working with business partners to flesh out and deliver on requirements in an agile manner.
- Deploying and maintaining applications in production environments.
- Communicating and documenting solutions and design decisions.
- Understanding AWS standard methodologies.
- Around 5 years of Java or Scala programming.
- The Hadoop ecosystem including Hive, Map Reduce, Airflow, Spark.
- Agile development methodologies including scrum, code reviews, pair programming.
- Object oriented design and development and how to apply that to the data world
- Performance and scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity.
- Data Warehousing and ETL development and SQL
- AWS applications (S3, EC2, EMR, Lambda, SNS etc)
- All things Linux or Python (bash scripting, grep, sed, awk etc.)
- Processing massive structured and unstructured data sets.
Senior Software Engineer-Big Data and Java
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.