Short DescriptionWestern Union is hiring Senior Java Developer who will build winning software and services using cutting edge open-source technology.Also drive design, development, and delivery of key components of platforms & services.
- Build winning software and services using cutting edge open-source technology.
- Engage with teams to define requirements/interfaces/implementation approaches.
- Drive design, development, and delivery of key components of platforms & services.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
- Collaborate with other engineers to write testable, reliable code, continuously deploying to production systems.
- Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD).
- Exercise agile development methodologies to create platform services and features.
- Software testing, quality assurance, performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability and automation.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience in Software Development.
- 3+ years of experience in web Application, infrastructure, distributed systems, and/or large-scale databases
- Experience with software engineering best practices (test driven development, continuous integration, code reviews, etc.)
- Experience with Spring framework.
- Experience in object-oriented programming and design
- Experience in RDBMS like Oracle/MySQL and NoSQL technologies like Couchbase.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Familiar with Cloud environment & deployment.
- Familiar with logging tools like LogStash or Splunk.
- Exposure / experience with container and cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, AWS.
- Exposure / experience with Kafka, Apache Spark.
Senior Java Developer