Short DescriptionAmerican Express is hiring for Research Scientist-Big Data & Machine Learning who will deploy models in a production environment and regular maintenance of production variables like Lift, Support, Confidence and continuous bootstrapping of sample cases for revalidation of results.
- Regularly engage with business teams to understand their needs and imperatives and operationalize a framework for deploying Machine Learning models
- Prototype and simulate use cases for Machine learning basis the GSN operating environment and ability to operationalize into workable algorithms & solutions.
- Rigorous testing of algorithms as per business norms and delivering significant working leverage over the status quo and generate value for the business.
- Deploy models in a production environment and regular maintenance of production variables like Lift, Support, Confidence and continuous bootstrapping of sample cases for revalidation of results.
- A capability of writing, debugging and compiling codes in multiple Machine Learning environment and not limited to Python/Pyspark, Apache Spark, R Spark etc.
- A complete grip on Python environment and libraries (sci-kit, nltk, pandas and numpy). Working knowledge of R & Spark is a plus.
- Proven experience in solving complex business problems using Machine Learning techniques like Regression, Classification, Supervised or Unsupervised Recommenders, Deep iterative learning, Neural Nets etc.
- Deep knowledge of Statistics and Maths and ability to dissect problems from the first principle. Exposure to fields like Linear Algebra, Bayesian Statistics, Group theory is desirable.
- Experience of working in a Distributed/Cluster computing environment is desirable.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent data presentation and visualization skills.
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL/ Hive QL is desirable.
Research Scientist-Big Data & Machine Learning