Short DescriptionZS is hiring for Data Science Associate Consultant who will develop advanced algorithms that solve problems of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner.
- Develop advanced algorithms that solve problems of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner.
- Implement statistical and data mining techniques (e.g. hypothesis testing, machine learning, and retrieval processes) on large data sets to identify trends, figures, and other relevant information.
- Collaborate with clients and other ZS stakeholders to effectively integrate and communicate analysis findings.
- Evaluate emerging datasets and technologies that may contribute to our analytical platform.
- Participate in the development of select assets/accelerators that create scale.
- Contribute to thought leadership through research and publication support.
- Guide and mentor Associates on teams.
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related discipline, and strong academic performance with analytic and quantitative coursework is required.
- In lieu of a Ph.D., 3-5 years of relevant post-collegiate work experience.
- Knowledge of big data/advanced analytics concepts and algorithms (e.g. text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modeling, etc.).
- Knowledge of programming (e.g. Java/Python/R).
- Exposure to tools/platforms (e.g. Hadoop ecosystem and database systems).
- Agile project planning and project management skills.
- Relevant domain knowledge preferred; (healthcare/transportation/hi-tech/insurance).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with a research-focused mindset.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- High motivation, good work ethic, and maturity.
Data Science Associate Consultant