Short DescriptionAmazon is looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer who has experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR, EML.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Engage closely with other engineers, including BIEs and Data Engineers.
- Build and analyze key metrics to uncover trends and root causes of issues.
- Help define requirements for reporting customer behavior and translate those requirements into effective data visualizations and analytical solutions.
- Derive insights from customer questions and usage data and provide input into new product development.
- Be responsive to the needs of consumers of the BI data and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of years of relevant work experience in business intelligence, analytics, data engineering, market research or related field.
- Experience gathering business requirements, using industry standard business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics and build reports.
- Experience using SQL, ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR, EML.
- Experience with data visualization using Tableau or similar tools.
- Experience in designing and delivering cross-functional custom reporting solutions.
- 2+ years of coding experience in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Scala, Java, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
Business Intelligence Engineer