Short DescriptionUber is hiring for Machine Learning who has expertise in one or more object-oriented languages, including Python, Go, Java, or C++, and an eagerness to learn more.
- You have expertise in one or more object-oriented languages, including Python, Go, Java, or C++, and an eagerness to learn more.
- You have experience with both machine learning and building scalable production services.
- You have experience with distributed storage and database systems, including SQL or NoSQL, MySQL, or Cassandra.
- You have experience using machine learning libraries or platforms, including Tensorflow, Caffe, Theano, Scikit-Learn, or Spark ML for production or commercial products.
- Machine learning domain knowledge bias-variance tradeoff, exploration/exploitation, and understanding of various model families such as decision trees, Bayesian models, and deep learning.
- You have a rock-star-like ability to communicate insights from complex black-box models to C-level and working level peers, and the ability to defend algorithm choices to industry experts.
- You have the ability to solve complex business problems and apply machine learning to optimize critical business metrics.
- You follow a strong adherence to metrics-driven development, with a disciplined and analytical approach to product development.
- You have experience in statistics.
- You enjoy reading academic papers and implementing experimental systems.
- Experience developing complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring, and reliability.
- You have experience presenting at industry recognized ML conferences as well as being published in the field.
- You have experience in stream processing Storm, Spark, Flink etc. and graph processing technologies.