Short DescriptionExpedia is hiring for Software Development Engineer who will design and implement high performance, scalable, robust and reliable server applications that support key initiatives.
- Design and implement high performance, scalable, robust and reliable server applications that support key Expedia initiatives.
- Lead projects, tackle complex and unstructured problems using machine learning techniques and mine Expedia's big data to drive supplier insights.
- Building out ML pipelines, creating, training and testing ML models.
- Operationalize the ML infrastructure to support real-time detection.
- Translate functional specifications into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with others in crafting and implementing the technical vision.
- Provide code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility, and the application of good object-oriented programming techniques.
- Drive continuous improvement and continuous delivery in our software development process within an agile development team.
- Write automated unit, system and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- Work closely with other talented developers both local and in various other Expedia offices around the world to ensure code quality, appropriate testing and design to ensure excellent product quality.
- Mentor junior members of the engineering team and raise the bar by contributing to continuously improving engineering practices and development standards.
- Support live-site operations as needed as part of our DevOps approach.
- Serve as a technical leader within the organization.
- 5+ years of experience in software development with a track record of shipping large, cross-functional projects in a high performance, scalable global internet service environment.
- Relevant industry experience developing in Java and its associated technology stacks.
- Relevant industry experience with Machine Learning First-hand experience in more than one of the following - apache, AWS-Sage-maker, XG boost, caffe2, sci-kit-learn, tensor-flow.
- Experience building web services in the cloud, particularly with AWS solutions.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases and other NoSQL solutions.
- Proficient with algorithms and data structures, design patterns, service-oriented architecture, domain driven design, multi-threading, concurrency, caching and distributed systems.
- Experience in agile/scrum teams, and a track record of learning from your actions to make positive adjustments.
- Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle, architecture and design, software craftsmanship and test strategies.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
Software Development Engineer
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.