Short DescriptionBoeing is looking for a Network Engineer who has good knowledge of Digital Signal Processing, Discrete Events, Finite State Machines etc. Experience with at least one DES tool such as Simulink/Stateflow/Sim events.
- The selected individual must have a good understanding of wireless, wired, ad-hoc, mobile and sensor networks. Must understand communication protocols and the seven-layer OSI stack. Good understanding of network and transport layer protocols. Experience in working with Bluetooth, Zigby, CAN, Profinet etc.
- The selected individual will be required to develop code in languages such as C/C++/Python and have working knowledge of operating systems, Linux kernels and kernel programming. Will also be required to use tools such as NS3.
- Knowledge of software architectures, cybersecurity, IOT, and ethical hacking are good to have.
- The selected individual is expected to grow into the role of a subject matter expert within Boeing.
- This position will be located in the Boeing Research and Technology Center, Bangalore, India, and reports to the Senior Manager, Systems and Analytics.
- The selected individual will work closely with teams of engineers located in India and in the US. The selected individual will develop and maintain relationships/partnerships with Boeing internal customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
- This selected individual will document the results of research and development projects, and provide inputs for periodic updates to Boeing management in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents.
- This position will require occasional travel within India and internationally.
- Experience with wired, wireless and ad-hoc networks, communication protocols and the seven-layer OSI stack. Good understanding of network and transport layer protocols. Experience in working with Bluetooth, Zigby, CAN, Profinet. Knowledge of sensor networks and network controls
- Good programming skills in C/C++. Python experience is good to have.
- Experience with network simulation and emulation tools such as NS3 and Core.
- Good knowledge of Digital Signal Processing, Discrete Events, Finite State Machines etc. Experience with at least one DES tool such as Simulink/Stateflow/Sim events.
- Comfortable with Operating systems such as Linux and its variants and good at kernel programming
- Be a self-starter who is not afraid to proactively seek information and direction
- Demonstrate strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be fluent in written and spoken English, and familiar with MS Office tools.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently with a positive attitude and highest ethics
- Must be able to work collaboratively with very strong teaming skills.
- Masters in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or related field.
- 3-7 years experience in working in design, simulation, emulation and analysis of wired, wireless, ad-hoc, sensor and control networks in high automation environments such as factories.