Short DescriptionMaven Wave is looking for Cloud Data Architect who has hands-on experience in deploying data analytics solutions in large-scale high performing databases like Netezza, BigQuery, Teradata, Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
- Perform overall architecture design, performance tuning /cost management, and implementation of Big Data analytical applications/solutions with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or AWS Cloud environments.
- Analyze and understand Big Data and analytical technologies on AWS and GCP and provide thought leadership to clients to assist with defining their architecture, data, analytics strategies.
- Implement end-to-end data analytics solutions (from data ingestion through visualization) for large-scale, complex client environments.
- Lead a team of data engineers in designing, developing, testing, and deploying high-performance data analytics solutions.
- Assist with scoping, architecting, and selling cloud data analytics solutions for our clients.
- Communicate complex technical topics to non-technical business and sr. executives.
- 10+ years of IT experience and an equivalent blend of education and experience.
- 5+ years architecting, developing, and deploying scalable enterprise data analytics solutions (Enterprise Data Warehouses, Data Marts, etc).
- Hands-on experience deploying data analytics solutions in large-scale high performing databases like Netezza, BigQuery, Teradata, Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
- 3+ years Hands-on experience architecting, developing, and deploying Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) workloads.
- 3+ years experience developing and deploying large-scale data analytics solutions (20+ TB).
- 1+ years architecting, developing, and deploying scalable data analytics solutions within AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Demonstrated experience solving complex performance tuning challenges within a data analytics environment: greatly improved ETL load times, reduced SQL Query times, etc.
- Demonstrated experience architecting data analytics solutions sourcing data from traditional on-prem environments to a cloud environment
- 5+ years experience writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, etc.
- 3+ years experience with SVN or Git code versioning tools.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, etc
- Strong understanding of Java and Python programming languages
- Strong understanding of the data analytics tools, packages, offerings, etc that Google and AWS.
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience working successfully as part of a large project team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate highly technical concepts in business terms and articulate business value of adopting Big Data technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate experience presenting technical topics in front of an audience.
Cloud Data Architect