Short DescriptionThe Data Science Consultant will play a critical role in designing, developing and implementing analytical techniques on large, complex, structured and unstructured data sets (including big data) to help client make better decisions in sales and marketing space, with guidance from Data Science senior leadership.
- Developing advanced algorithms that solve problems of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner
- Implementing statistical and data mining techniques e.g. hypothesis testing, machine learning, and retrieval processes on a large amount of data to identify trends, figures and other relevant information
- Collaborating with clients and other ZS stakeholders to effectively integrate and communicate analysis findings
- Providing guidance and project management support to the Associates and/or Associate Consultants on the team
- Evaluating emerging datasets and technologies that may contribute to our analytical platform
- Owning the development of select assets/accelerators for efficient scaling of capability
- Contributing to the thought leadership of the firm by helping in researching the evolving topics and publishing them
- Educational background of BE/ BTech / BS (stats), MS Research or PhD in Computer Science (OR Statistics or Business Analytics) from a premier institute
- Substantial experience in Machine Learning.
- Knowledge of big data/ advanced analytics concepts and algorithms text mining, social listening, recommender systems, predictive modeling, etc.
- Knowledge of programming Java/Python/R
- Exposure to tools/platforms Hadoop eco system and DB systems
- Agile project planning and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Domain knowledge/expertise (Healthcare/Travel/Hi-tech/Insurance) is preferred though not mandatory
- Research focused mindset with strong attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills; ability to devise a structure for solving unstructured problems / for conducting exploratory analytics.
- High motivation, good work ethic and maturity
Data Science Consultant