Short DescriptionPayPal is looking for a Risk Analyst who has the ability to build quick estimates using back-of-the-envelope analysis and structure through multi-dimensional sets of tradeoffs.
- Day-to-day duties include data analysis, monitoring, and forecasting.
- Creating the logic for and implementing risk rules and strategies.
- Providing requirements to data scientists and technology teams.
- Communicating with global stakeholders to ensure we deliver the best possible customer experience while meeting loss rate targets
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to build quick estimates using back-of-the-envelope analysis, structure (and, if needed, execute) more complex analyses, pull together business cases and forecasts to navigate through multi-dimensional sets of tradeoffs.
- Enthusiasm for data-driven problem solving within a fast-paced environment is a must. In addition, experience with Microsoft Excel or statistical software, working knowledge of SQL or other relational database languages, and hands-on experience in data analysis involving large data sets are strongly desired but not absolutely required.
- Polished communication skills: Risk analysts need to collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, business owners, and customers to learn from subject-matter experts, present findings in a clear and concise manner, and reach alignment on how to execute risk strategies.
- "Can-do" attitude, team player, energetic personality, ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment to meet deadlines. The successful risk analyst is a self-starter who has the resilience to learn from their mistakes and reach their true potential.
- An innate intellectual curiosity, and a willingness to build awareness of the current payments industry and risk management best practices. PayPal is constantly innovating by introducing new products and entering new markets, so successful risk analysts on this team must quickly get up speed on new content areas.