Short DescriptionAs a data analyst you will be part of the EDM Data Analytics function .Our role is to coordinate and accelerate the handling of data requests within MSCI. Other mandate includes applying data science techniques for data quality assurance and control, automation of data diagnostics, etc.
- Automation of data quality diagnostics by developing a new system/tool which will enable quality assessment of data without manual intervention
- Create reusable code components, libraries, etc. and build a prototype system with all capabilities in MATLAB before handing it over to IT teams for production deployment (must be proficient in MATLAB or C/C++, PYTHON, etc.)
- Develop automated reporting templates using graphics components in MATLAB - line plots, scatter diagrams, etc. Output results of analysis in PDF or PPT using MATLAB
- Develop business understanding of data and brainstorm on developing data metrics to quantify coverage, quality and stability for existing or new data
- Do exploratory work to identify patterns in data and derive meaningful information to drive business intelligence
- Work towards developing data anomaly detection models using predictive analytics and unsupervised machine learning techniques
- 1 to 2 years experience preferred; freshers from top tier engineering institutes with some data science exposure. Programming knowledge is a must with MATLAB, Python or R
- Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelors/Masters in statistics, etc.
- Strong expertise in MATLAB, C or C++, SQL and application of statistical methods in analyzing data. PYTHON, R would be good to have
- Understanding of graphics interface in MATLAB - plots, generate reports in PDF, PPT, etc.
- Practical understanding and application of data science and machine learning techniques like GLM, clustering, support vector machines, random forests, etc.
- Are an independent worker who is able to drive certain parts of the work with minimal oversight
- Have strong interest in Finance, work experience in finance and capital markets preferred
- Have inclination to work on large data sets and come up with creative solutions on data mining
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
Programmer Data Analyst