Our Software Engineers not only understand how a technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight, and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you are interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
The Value Generation organization is a dynamic group responsible for driving value on everyday card member interactions. The reach of Value Generation spans across over 18 markets across the globe. As a member of the team, here is some example of what you'll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an enterprise agile team driving the latest development practices
- Developing and integrating REST APIs between backend systems to support a web application used by over 6,000 Customer Care Professionals
- Developing and integrating REST APIs between various backend systems of record
- Writing automated unit test cases and conducting code reviews with members of the team
- Identifying opportunities for enhanced analytics and data-driven decision making
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile practices and experience with the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Modern development best practices including Git
- Results-oriented and user-experience focused
- Analytical and data-driven
Why American Express
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in peoples lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, were right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical discipline
- Intermediate proficiency with Java is required, experience with microservices and REST API development is preferred
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and implement solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential