Short DescriptionTo be able to communicate efficiently and effectively and be able to understand, interpret and relate an organizations strategy and vision to the Data Oragnization.
- To be able to communicate efficiently and effectively and be able to understand, interpret and relate an organizations strategy and vision to the Data Oragnization.
- To be flexible in a changing environment and to be able to explain changes correctly to the big data team members;
- Build the roadmap for Business Intelligence data platform to support the entire business
- Design, development, and management of high-scale, real-time data processing pipelines
- Collaborate closely with product managers, data analysts, and executive stakeholders to develop a comprehensive understanding of the key drivers and opportunities within the business
- Mentor your team to continuously improve productivity and sustainability with great coding, QA and release practices
- Manage escalations and the remediation of issues relating to the BI product suite
- Demonstrated expertise building and mentoring high performing software development teams
- Solid experience building APIs (REST), Java services, or Docker microservices
- Experience with data pipelines using Apache Kafka, Storm, Spark, AWS Lambda or similar technologies
- Proficiency with an enterprise warehouse stack such as Exadata, Teradata, or Redshift
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud.
- Familiarity with agile development approaches such as Scrum
- Expertise in any of the following programming languages such as Python, R, Java, SQL.
- Solid understanding of Hadoop, Hive and/or MapReduce. In addition, the need to have at least some familiarity with disciplines such as:
Sr . Engineering Manager
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.