Today's Technology-Data Science
91 days ago
How to build effective machine learning models?
91 days ago
IoT-Advantages, Disadvantages, and Future
92 days ago
Pay through Whatsapp! As a New Feature is forthcoming with a Payment mode
- Things to keep in mind before using WhatsApp Payments:
- Before using the payments feature, the sender and the receiver should ensure that both have their phones running on the latest WhatsApp version.
- Also, the sender and the recipient of the money should have the payments feature available to them.
- Another important factor that the sender should keep in mind is that his/her WhatsApp number should be the same as the number linked to bank account along with UPI option activated.
- First, upgrade your WhatsApp to the latest version. For Android, the payments option is available on version 2.18.46. Note: iOS users will eventually get the feature in the forthcoming days.
- Users can head on to Settings > Payments to start setting up the Payments option.
- A user can also directly go to the chatbox of the contact they wish to transfer money and select the payments option by going to the Attachment icon > Payments.
- On clicking the Payments option, users will be welcomed by a new message saying Send and receive money securely with UPI.
- Users can tap on Accept and Continue button to start accepting the WhatsApp Payments.
- Users then need to verify their phone numbers via clicking on Verify via SMS option > Click on send button in green. After which WhatsApp will send a verification SMS. Note: SMS charges will be applicable.
- After configuring the WhatsApp number, users will then need to select their bank from the list of over 70 banks offered by WhatsApp, including all the major banks like ICICI, SBI, HDFC and the rest.
- After upgrading to UPI, and linking to phone number, users can simply click on the Payment option > Select the bank account > Enter the amount > Enter UPI Pin > Click on Send. And the money is deducted from your account and credited to your friend's bank account instantly.