Is Data Science Dead? Long Live Business Science
45 days ago
15 Artificial Intelligence (AI) Stats You Need to Know in 2018
- Only 15% of enterprises are using AI as of today, but 31% are expected to add it over the coming 12 months, according to Adobe.
- The number of active startups has increased by 1400% since 2000, per Stanford University.
- Investment into AI startups by venture capitalists has soared sixfold since 2000, per Adobe.
- The share of jobs requiring AI has increased by 450% since 2013, per Adobe.
- For enterprises using AI, top-performing companies said they are more than twice as likely as their industry counterparts to use the technology for marketing, 28% vs. 12%, per Stanford.
- According to BridghtEdge, the next big marketing trend is seen as being consumer personalization (29%), followed by AI (26%).
- The three most in-demand skills on Monster.com are machine learning (ML), deep learning and natural language processing (NLP).
- International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that the compound annual growth rate for global sending on AI will be 50.1%, reaching $57.6 billion by 2021. This is thanks to investments in retail, banking, healthcare and manufacturing, which will make up over half of the worldwide spending on AI.
- Adobe also discovered that 47% of digitally mature organizations, which are those with advanced digital practices, have a defined AI strategy.
- Juniper Research discovered in a study that, in retail, global spending on AI will grow to $7.3 billion a year by 2022, up from $2 billion in 2018. This is because companies will invest heavily in AI tools that will help them differentiate and improve the services they offer customers.
- About 61% of companies with an innovation strategy are using AI to identify opportunities in data that they would have otherwise missed, according to Narrative Science. This figure is only 22% for companies without this strategy.
- About 38% of consumers believe that AI will improve customer service, according to Page.
- A PointSource study found that when AI is deployed tactically, 34% of shoppers will spend more money online. About 49% said they are willing to shop more frequently online when AI is present.
- The AI healthcare market is expected to hit $6.6 billion by 2021, according to Accenture data. The study added that clinical health AI applications can create $150 billion in annual savings for the U.S. healthcare economy by 2026.
- Around the globe, robot imports have increased from around 100,000 in 2000 to roughly 250,000 in 2015, according to IDC.