The last few decades have seen exponential growth in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Artificial Intelligence is a sub-branch of Computer science. Technically, it is the science that helps develop computer machines that mimic human intelligence. Thus, these machines will be able to visually perceive things, recognize and differentiate speech, make decisions, translate between languages and so much more.
1) Low error probability: Since human capabilities have their limitations, using AI will help reduce the risks of errors to a great extent. It will also increase the accuracy of results obtained, making it a much more efficient choice.
2) Overcomes limitations: There are some applications such as mining exploration and ocean exploration where human intervention has its limitations. In such a scenario, you can use AI to get the job done in no time at all.
What is the scope of AI?
With more people being drawn to the idea of Artificial Intelligence, people are now seeing a prospective career in the field of AI. However, before you can do so, it is always a good thing to analyze the scope and future of AI. That being said, the scope of AI in India is pretty significant as the ultimate aim is to create computer programs that can tackle different problems and provide goal-oriented solutions efficiently. Thus, there is a scope for computer vision, game development, speech recognition, robotics, and language detection.
What are the educational requirements before you opt for AI?
Before you actually start studying AI in depth, it is always better to have a strong foundation. This includes subjects such as:
- Mathematics, extending to mathematical logic. This stresses on topics such as algorithms, algebra, probability, calculus, and statistics.
- Sciences, mainly physics also plays an important part. This includes physics and engineering, neural nets, graphical modeling, cognitive science theory, and robotics.
- Some knowledge of biology, mainly related to physiology and psychology is required.
- The theory behind computer science and how it actually works.
- Programming languages and coding is an absolute must. It is important to learn at least 2 to 3 universal coding languages that can be used for machine language coding. Examples of such languages are C, Java, and Prolog to name a few.
Where to pursue AI from in India?
If you know that you have sufficient background knowledge related to AI, then the next obvious step would be to figure out where to pursue a course/degree in AI. If you want to pursue a course abroad, then there are an umpteen number of universities in the US that offer such courses. However, if you want to do the same in India, IITs such as IIT Madras, IIT Kharagpur, and IISc Bangalore offer the same courses.
What are the different Career Domains and Roles available?
The career domains that implement AI are many and vast. Some common domains include:
- Private and Public organizations.
- Education, both primary and advanced.
- Advanced Healthcare facilities.
- Government agencies and committees related to research.
Thus, the different roles available in these sectors include:
- Software engineers, developers, and analysts.
- Research scientists
- Manufacturing and maintenance engineers.
- Mechanical engineers
- Game programmers, developers and algorithm specialists.
- Computer engineers
- Electrical engineers
- Surgical technicians
What is the future of AI?
Artificial Intelligence is being used by more and more companies to create products and services at breakneck speed. Thus, it is said that in the near future, Artificial Intelligence is going to outperform human performance by leaps and bounds. A few major changes that AI will lead to is cyborg technology and fighting extreme climate change.