Short DescriptionExpedia is hiring a Manager Data Engineering who can Maintain a high performing team with a focus on growing yourself and the team members as we grow the business.
- Lead a team of Data Engineers in implementing high quality and scalable services to support existing/new functionality.
- Maintain a high performing team with a focus on growing yourself and the team members as we grow the business.
- Contribute and work closely with Data Product and Platforms leadership team.
- Run the development, testing, and implementation of software that meets established specifications on time and budget.
- Apply industry standards and utilize new technologies to improve productivity, quality, and system performance.
- Work closely with product management to define & build a roadmap.
- Take the initiative to find areas of collaboration and leverage with other technology groups in the Bangalore location primarily, and across the organization.
- Ensure that features deployed have technical integrity and stability.
- Lead both technical leads and individual contributors, including ongoing training and development performance evaluations, coaching, recruiting, and disciplinary actions.
- Communicate effectively, demonstrate an understanding of the business needs, and to also advance own architectural vision.
- Improve platform by integrating existing technology, building new technology, and/or helping evaluate 3rd party solutions.
- Help determine the appropriate engineering level of effort for new features and handle ongoing changes.
- Maintain knowledge of the global travel business, with a focus on technology trends.
- 5+ years of Data Engineering and Business Intelligence development experience
- 3+ years' experience in management (supervisory roles with 5 + direct reports)
- 1+ years in developing AWS data engineering solutions
- Strong knowledge of data integration and business intelligence
- Experience with large scale, mission-critical systems
- Knowledge of market trends including cloud technology
- Track-record of technical leadership including an ability to handle and improve technical development processes
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Knowledge of the travel industry, a plus
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field
Manager Data Engineering
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.