Short DescriptionThis position provides senior leadership to MasterCard development teams in India focused on developing Digital Commerce Solutions for our key customers. The initial objective for this role will be to build mobile and web wallets for Mastercard's key issuers but eventually lead the teams to a product and platform centric approach. In addition, this role will be responsible for driving recruiting and taking on regional leadership activities.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to software development teams in the development of Digital Commerce solutions across our services as well as web and mobile applications.
- Ensure software designs align with MasterCard's Enterprise Architecture and leverage our enterprise services.
- Ensure product development meets MasterCard's business needs.
- Ensure development teams use the appropriate MasterCard standard development methodologies and follow our technology standards, and that all projects and development are appropriately documented.
- Ensure that software and system design and delivery support the goal of zero down time in production.
- Define a key set of quality and performance metrics appropriate to a software development organization. Drive our key DevOps practices across the org.
- Identify and recruit top notch talent to build a world class software development organization.
- As a senior member of the Digital Commerce Technologies leadership team, work closely with business partners on product definition, product roadmaps, business case development, and overall direction for the area.
- Ensure approved staffing levels are maintained, departmental and staff education, training and cross training needs are met.
- Ensure that staff has skills and behaviors to perform tasks fully through effective communication of goals, objectives, performance and, as necessary, improvement plans.
- Respond to operational and business concerns or issues relative to future business programs, projects, or enhancements to ensure consistent delivery of quality services.
- Ensure development supports all appropriate certifications and compliance requirements, including those for PCI, GLBA, Safe Harbor, and others.
- Extensive experience in designing and developing consumer facing eCommerce and Mobile Commerce products is a must have.
- Experience managing multiple functional areas within technology such as technical architecture, software development, system testing, and production support. Technologist to the core who has worked to solve meaningful hard problems. Understands architecture, trade offs and how to build platforms.
- Experience with software development methodologies, particularly with Agile methodologies. Also, experience in large scale agile development.
- Experienced in building mobile applications, Java EE, Spring framework, different JS frameworks such as vue or node.
- Real world experience of CI/CD, QA automation and in Chef / Puppet deployment environments.
- Proven verbal and written communications skills are a requirement for this role and experience with the following deliverables is critical: requirements documents, design documents, product roadmaps, and project financial analysis.
- Experience building highly skilled technology teams and working with vendors.
Vice President Software Engineering