Short DescriptionThis role will give you an opportunity to exercise a broad range of skills in data science, analytics, and information security â?? all using cloud services in large scale computing environments.
- Either Phd/MTech/MS or equivalent degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or Statistics with 3-5 years experience in predictive modeling, data science and analysis
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) 5+ years experience in predictive modeling, data science and analysis
- Experience using Python and/or R
- Experience using SparkML and other ML libraries such as scikit-learn, caret, mlr, MLlib
- Experience manipulating and transforming large datasets
- Hands-on comfort with a subset of SQL, Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Spark, etc.), NoSQL, Key/Value stores, document stores
- Experience in supporting internal and external customers. You understand what it means to draw out critical customer needs and focus your knowledge and creativity to deliver practical outcomes addressing those needs.
- Commercial security solutions such as web application firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, DLP, DDOS mitigation
- Experience automating IT & security tasks
- Building security reference architecture for cloud deployments and hybrid scenarios
- Implementation experience with enterprise security solutions such as WAF, IPS, Anti-DDOS, and SIEM
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication and strong collaboration skills
- Understanding of enterprise risk management methods and techniques to drive successful outcomes in a multi-national environment
- Understanding architectural implications of meeting industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
- Experience with AWS Services
- Working knowledge of cloud computing technologies and workload transition challenges
- Familiarity with distributed computational approaches
- Experience with scalable, distributed computing frameworks
- Familiarity with archive, backup/recovery and business continuity processes in distributed operations
Data Scientist Security Architect