Short DescriptionGracenote is seeking a Software Engineer (Android) who has Proficiency in Java and/or Kotlin, Android.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related technical field
- Professional experience building mobile and/or embedded apps in a collaborative environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Java and/or Kotlin, Android
- Familiarity with programming with reactive streams, dependency injection and other widely used Android libraries and frameworks
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services
- Open to working on non-Android technologies as needed (iOS, Web, VR, Voice)
- Familiarity with Scrum and other Agile practices
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box; a problem solver at heart
- Curious and adaptable, you enjoy collaborating with other disciplines (Design, Product, Sales) to understand and solve problems experienced by our customers
- Enthusiasm for entertainment and sports data and for solving problems in this space
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Linux/Unix environment on embedded systems
- Communicate and influence effectively with tech and non-tech stakeholders
Software Engineer (Android)
At its core, Gracenote helps connect people with the digital entertainment they love. We do this by offering the largest database for music, sports, movies and TV shows, and creating best in class services and technologies, all on a highly scalable platform.
Gracenote was acquired by Nielsen in 2017 and now has 1,800 employees working in more than 25 locations around the world including Los Angeles, Queensbury, Sao Paulo, Amsterdam, Munich, Mumbai, Sydney, Seoul and Tokyo. Our worldwide headquarters are in Emeryville, Calif. For more information, visit www.gracenote.com.