Short DescriptionHike Messenger is seeking a Data Analyst who can enable product reviews, deep dives, and analyses through the effective use of data and communicate and report insights and recommendations to shape product strategy.
- Advancements in Tech & AI: Allowing more bits to be pushed to users in real-time and thus allowing for richer, more personalized experiences.
- Bits Cheaper than Atoms: Today, bringing rich, luxurious experiences to the masses is faster, more efficient and cheaper online than it is offline.
- Self Worth Moving Online: 40% of people's waking life is now spent on their smartphones. The next generation is far more comfortable online than offline.
- Vertical Communities: We don't live our lives in one massive community. We're specific in the activities we engage in (art, gaming, fitness, etc).
- New Business Models: Putting the customer at the center. These won't be ad-driven in the traditional sense. Think micro-transactions, subscriptions and more.
- Consumers as Owners: It's a bit strange that consumers aren't part of the value chain. Turning customers into owners is a fascinating thought.
- Perform quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights and provide analytical, data-driven decision-making support for key projects.
- Provide reporting and performance monitoring to product teams using data drawn from diverse sources.
- Own and evangelize data-driven experimentation in the team to improve the product offerings, and document it.
- Enable product reviews, deep dives, and analyses through the effective use of data and communicate and report insights and recommendations to shape product strategy.
- Ensure that any data required for carrying out the other responsibilities for the product/features you're working on is properly instrumented and logged.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Comp Science, Engineering, or other technical field required; advanced degrees strongly preferred.
- You are hands-on with Python/ Java Programming language.
- You have a very good understanding of mobile and Internet products, growth strategies and business dynamics.
- You are comfortable manipulating, transforming, and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- You have 3+ years of experience performing quantitative analysis, preferably for an Internet or technology company.
- You have hands-on working experience on SQL queries.
- You have experience in reporting and dashboards involving very large datasets and multiple data sources, with the ability to interpret data and produce meaningful insights.
- You have a good understanding of statistical analysis, data warehousing, data modeling.
- You have experience with statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS etc. and BI/visualization tools such as Tableau, Google Analytics etc.
- You have the ability to execute research projects and craft actionable recommendations.
- You have proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects.
- You have excellent organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- You enjoy working in both individual and team settings.
Hike Messenger (stylized as hike M E S S E N G E R) is a cross-platform instant messaging service for smartphones that use the internet for communication. In addition to text messaging, users can send each other graphical stickers, emoticons, images, videos, audios, files, voice messages, contacts and user location.
Hike was launched on 12 December 2012  and raised its first round of funding of $7 million from Bharti SoftBank in April 2013. Hike is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and SoftBank. On 16 August 2016 Hike raised $175 million in a new round of funding led by Tencent & Foxconn. After raising this round Hike Messenger reached the valuation of $1.4 Billion. Hike's founder is Kavin Bharti Mittal.