Short DescriptionExpedia is seeking for Sr. Big Data specialist who has a working knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies (Scrum, XP).
- Maintain high standards of code quality and unit test coverage
- Discuss and ideate technology solutions along with other members
- Work with cross-functional teams to research and resolve production issues
- 8+ years Software Development (and Design) work experience using modern languages (Java, Scala, Python- Java experience must)
- Proficient in Rest based APIs, Redis, Apache Storm, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark.
- Should have worked on projects with large scale (> 100M events a day)
- Proficient with data structures, algorithms, and systems architecture.
- Knowledge of AWS (EC2, EMR) is a must.
- Knowledge of CI/CD (Jenkins/Chef) is a must.
- Knowledge of performance and application testing, scheduling tools
- General understanding of databases and ORMs.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM model.
- Experience with testing practices, processes and artifact creation, and user acceptance testing.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, and system-level programming (including multi-threaded programming)
- Good communication skills in written and verbal form
- Experience testing, automating and instrumenting your code
- A degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies (Scrum, XP).
- Experience at other fast-paced Internet companies, especially Travel companies, is a big plus
Sr BigData Hotwire
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.