Short DescriptionAs a Junior Associate, you will be responsible for implementation of a service delivery model supporting assigned platforms through a predefined frame-work. This includes the Western Union payment pricing engine, operation support, and transaction settlement processing.
- Development and deliver solutions in Spark and Map Reduce in Java / Scala
- Have proven experience in working with a team of engineers and service providers in a geographically distributed structure.
- Must be able to multi-task, handling numerous competing priorities.
- Work with business partners to understand their needs and proactively lead them to solutions.
- Provide solution implementation including: system set-ups, development, system and integration testing, and user training.
- Troubleshoot application issues and coordinate issue resolution with operations, functional, and technical teams.
- Providing support in the configuring and troubleshooting solution and providing implementation best practices to development team.
- Work on server buildout on multiple sites for failover/disaster recovery in a highly available eco-system
- Deliver common framework architecture and high-level design.
- Develop and implement new software, maintain and improve existing software
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of middleware products and use cutting edge solutions to address them
- Conduct detailed design, code and test reviews
- Ensure that software functionality is implemented with a with a focus on code optimization and organization
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs
- Troubleshoot application issues and coordinate issue resolution with operations, functional, and technical teams
- Work with a software development team and Service providers in a geographically distributed structure
- B.E. / B.Tech. / MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required
- 1-2 years of experience in software engineering and architecture experience in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Comprehensive experience in Java, Scala
- Analyze existing DAT/IDW Framework and provide suggestions for real time/batch data injection into Hadoop Data Lake through Spark Streaming, Kafka and batch data load through hdfs/sqoop scripts into Hadoop through hive.
- Experience with spark datasets, Spark SQL and providing data to the Machine Learning Libraries for Classification, collaborative filtering, regression and Clustering Algorithms.
- Perform analysis of vast data stores and uncover insights.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills required
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to triage technical issues and drive resolution with cross functional teams
- Strong Linux/Unix skills required
- Understanding of various development methodologies, including: Traditional Waterfall and Iterative Development Methods (Unified Process and Agile)
- Thrives on working under pressure in a fast-paced multi-project environment
Junior Associate, Hadoop Developer