Short DescriptionThe Expedia Meta marketing team is looking for a highly motivated, analytical and visionary individual. This is an exciting opportunity to help us build the next generation of algorithms, models and decision support systems at Expedia‚??s online partner marketing organization. You will be responsible for the creation and execution of algorithms and models to optimize marketing spending, pricing, targeting, and customer behavior.
- Bidding Operations
- Coordinate infrastructure and data inputs for bidding with external and internal teams across Expedia
- Manage bidding operations for meta partners
- Conduct ad-hoc business analysis for bidding and auction/competitor intelligence
- Data Analytics
- Develop analytical insights through assumption testing and sensitivity analysis and perform complex data analysis and financial modeling to support business case development
- Prepare data in support of analytics, and assist with delivery of comprehensive analytics projects on marketing optimization and iteration of algorithm
- Apply advanced analytic techniques such as machine learning, data mining, and statistical modeling to design and implement mathematical models and algorithms to solve real-world marketing problems
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in online marketing, e-commerce, or equivalent role with an analytical bend
- Ability to conceptualize business problems and solving them through data analysis. Comfortable with pulling and manipulating data using SQL
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to communicate across business areas
- Ability to prioritize and delivery on multiple threads of work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong personal initiative and ownership
- Familiarity with one or more machine learning or statistics tools such as R, Stata, Python and various libraries for other programming languages
- Data sleuth - SQL experience strongly preferred (e.g., data source identification, feasibility of joins, determines data reasonableness based on business insight)
- Knowledge of data mining and analytic methods such as Clustering / Cluster Analysis, Factor Analysis, Regression Models, Logistic Regression, Predictive Modeling, optimization models, etc.
- Graduate level degree in a highly quantitative field, such as Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics
Sr Analyst Meta
Hotels.com, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com Rewards loyalty program
Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries. Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions ,trivago, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide , Egencia, a leading corporate travel management company
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.