IBM Watson IoT development organization is looking for proven and collaborative product engineering experts to join in this exciting new mission to build offerings for the consumer division aimed at businesses that sell to consumers. Our new cloud based, voice activated solutions will help businesses transform their customer experiences through a unique set of capabilities.
What you'll do:
As a Senior Data Scientist you will
- Partner with business stakeholders to identify/prioritize and transform large volumes of data into critical insights, by building algorithms/ prediction models
- Bring advanced knowledge in model evaluation, tuning and performance, operationalization and scalability of scientific techniques and establishing decision strategies
- Lead with hands on experience in developing supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms, Bigdata tools, languages and large scale multi dimensional databases
How we'll help you grow:
- The work performed has a high degree of technical content, is diverse and challenging yet always rewarding.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 12 Yrs of Total Experience, 5 Yrs of Relevant Experience;
- Proven experience in Python, R, Java Algothm development. Writing data algorithm in Python, R and Java. Experience in Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Restfull Services and New Generation database.
- Looking for a seasoned data scientist with demonstrated, proven experience in machine learning and data mining,
- Analyzing structured and unstructured data, build data-driven predictive models and solutions to support use cases,
- Proven experience in developing supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms using relevant programming languages,
- Proven experience in mathematical/statistical/Machine Learning languages and platforms and big data tools and languages.
- Knowledge in model evaluation, tuning and performance and scalability of scientific techniques and establishing decision strategies.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Business Unit Introduction
The Internet of Things (IoT) is now a reality due to the convergence of several technologies, including wireless communications, micro-electrical systems and of course, the Internet. As almost everything - from cars to crops to conveyor belts - becomes connected, IoT is changing the way businesses operate. By combining IoT data with cognitive computing, business can extract valuable insights to improve virtually every aspect of their operations and enable innovative, new business models.
IBM Watson IoT Platform is designed to simplify cognitive IoT development so you can harness the full potential of the Internet of Things. Cognitive technologies make it possible to make sense of vast amounts of IoT data to better understand what's happening - more deeply. Infusing intelligence into systems and processes can help you increase efficiency, improve customer satisfaction, uncover new business opportunities, and mitigate risks and threats proactively.