Short DescriptionIBM is hiring for the role of Application Developer-Big Data and BigInsights having good experience which have to create innovative high quality solutions focused on clients business needs and also integrate them with custom solutions.
- Pulling data from various database systems and unstructured text from web, social media sites and other domain specific file formats utilizing for example IBM BigInsights tools or other Hadoop offerings.
- You will participate in full lifecycle implementation of the technical components of solutions, including tool selection, data architecture, database administration, ETL (Extract, transform and load), reporting and integration.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
- At least 4+ years of hands on development experience on Hadoop platform with at least one project implemented using BigInsight tool.
- Demonstrated work experience with the Map Reduce programming model and HDFS (Hadoop Distributed File Systems)
- Experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++ including familiarity with J2EE/ Applet/ Servlet/ JSP/ Java/ JSON/ Python/ Perl/ Shell Script/ REST/AJAX/.
- Proven foundational knowledge and experience with a range of big data components such as HDFS, HBase, Oozie, Pig, Hive, Avro, Zookeeper, Sqoop and FlumeProfile
- Hands on experience with Big Data Tools such as BigInsights, Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR would be an added advantage
- Familiarity with IBM Big Data architecture and data integration
Application Developer-Big Data