Short DescriptionNVIDIA is now looking for the Senior System Software Engineer and should be responsible for implementing the DGX system management features and also responsible to keep task tracking system up to date in agile development environment.
- You should be able to implement the design/architecture with minimal guidance.
- You will be responsible for implementing the DGX system management features.
- You are responsible for developing and reviewing code, reviewing design documents, use case reviews, and test plan review.
- Expected to write automated unit test suites for each implemented module and maintain detailed unit test case reports
- Provide software quality reports based on static analysis, code coverage, CPU load.
- Work with security team to ensure developed code is in line with product security goals
- Generate API documentation from code using Doxygen or similar tools.
- Help generate content for user guides to pursue customer problems etc.
- Drive product life cycles with QA teams to productize the module, and be responsible as a product owner.
- Responsible to keep task tracking system up to date in agile development environment.
- You will be evangelizing the errors, stats & configuration appropriate to CPU, DIMM, SSDs, NICs, IB, BMC etc. for an enterprise readiness of DGX systems.
- Deep understanding on REST architecture style especially JSON over HTTPs with OAuth
- Excellent understanding of distributed systems with hands-on coding experience on IPC and RPC frameworks
- Domain expert in BMC out of band management with exposure to standards IPMI, DMTF and Redfish will be a big asset
- You should possess excellent programming and scripting skills using C/C++, Bash, Python, Go both for Linux user-space programs and system programs with thorough code reviewing skills.
- You are expected to be excellent communication and coordination skills essential to the role.
- Experience in driving ideas from architecture to implementation and getting sign-off from all partners in tight schedules
- Experience with version control software, code review tools, such as Git, Gerrit along with agile life cycle tools is required.
- Experience with containerization technologies, e.g Docker a plus
- Strong knowledge of UNIX or Linux systems administration
- Strong in Linux fundamentals, various Linux distributions and packages, Linux upgrade mechanisms, building and deploying Linux images
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment, attention to detail.
- You should possess excellent written and oral communication skills, good work ethics, high sense of team-work, love to produce quality work and commitment to finish your tasks every single day. You are a self-starter who loves to find creative solutions to challenging problems
- A Bachelor of Science Degree (or higher) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, and 10 years of experience.
Senior System Software Engineer