Short DescriptionPayPal is hiring for Research Analyst at Chennai location who is responsible to discover new opportunities to grow and optimize the business through analytics, financial modeling, and business case development. Also perform highly analytical deep-dives to identify root cause and mitigation opportunities to add value.
- Discover new opportunities to grow and optimize the business through analytics, financial modeling, and business case development.
- Ensure that all offshore teammate responsibilities are being executed and with the utmost efficiency.
- Independently manage analytical projects of different complexities with minimal supervision.
- Mentor junior analysts and guide them in such activities as drawing analytic insights and the preparation of presentations, proposals, and recommendations.
- Expected to fully understand the business's objectives and how to align them with the goals of the offshore teammates.
- Work closely across the matrix with teams like Marketing, Finance, Product and Engineering.
- Identify key business levers, establish cause and effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making.
- Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives.
- Perform highly analytical deep-dives to identify root cause and mitigation opportunities or specific actions to add value.
- 5+ years of relevant managerial experience in business / marketing / product analytics.
- Prior work experience in marketing analytics / digital marketing is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree with a technical / quantitative degree from a top-tier institution. Degrees in Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics are preferred.
- Hands-on experience, familiarity and ease with handling large data sets and crunching numbers.
- 5+ years experience with SQL or other software engineering languages (Python, C++, Java) is required.
- Has prior experience with web analytics (Google Analytics, Site Catalyst), statistical packages (SaaS, R), and visualization tools (Qlikview, Tableau).
- Demonstrated ability to translate business questions into structured analysis and data analytics into business insights.
- Strategic thinking and mental flexibility to be able to understand both the details of the problem, as well as, the big picture/business solution.
- Passionate about solving problems with data and telling the story.
- Prefers data-driven decisions and highly results-oriented.
- Experience with experimentation and A/B testing is a big plus.
Research and Analyst