Short DescriptionUber is looking for Software Data Engineer who is responsible to build systems to automate ad operations and must have experience with distributed systems such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Vertica is preferred.
- Work on systems to track and report on ad spend ROI.
- Build systems to automate ad operations.
- Build and work with real-time/batch data pipelines that track and attribute ad spend to actions that Uber users take (e.g. take rides, eats orders, etc.).
- Build systems that detect ad fraud and help us eliminate malicious or fraudulent ad networks.
- Build systems that increase our organic traffic (SEO and content).
- Work on systems that will use advanced machine learning techniques to optimize spend within different channels
- Build systems that will help us target the right kind of potential users out there in the world who haven't tried Uber yet. This involves working with data-sets that are world population scale (billions of rows).
- 6+ years experience
- Architecture: Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can discuss the trade-off between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- Strong coding/debugging abilities: You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and are happy to learn more. Our core languages are Java, Python, and Scala.
- Big data: Experience with Distributed systems such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Vertica is preferred.
- Data pipeline: Strong understanding in SQL, Database. Experience in building data pipelines is a great plus. Love getting your hands dirty with the data implementing custom ETLs to shape it into information.
- A team player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen: You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
Software Data Engineer